Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2009

You would think people who live in house with carpet would have a vacuum cleaner!

So I moved into my new place on Tuesday.

Why do my pants seem to match the door From Moving to 325

Took the day off work, enlisted the help of a few friends, hired a truck. Things went smooth, I really did not have a lot to move. Being a first time buyer new homeowner it feels great to have your own place, it's almost like being in a nice hotel for me! the place seems large, but the layout, style, location and everything else is perfect, so happy.

Things that are crossing my mind right now.

• I don't have enough furniture to fill this place, and when I say enough, I really don't have any! I'd really like to stay minimal and not buy stuff for the sake of acting like a regular homeowner.

From Moving to 325

• I have a wicked garage and really love it. My car is never going in it, it will be filled with bikes and bike related awesomeness. My garage is big enough that I can easily ride around in it. And I might host a few races! not.

• The bloke who I bought the house from obviously did not have a vacuum, or if he did, then he failed to use it. Pretty strange, 75% of this place is carpet, I can understand if you have wood floors, just need a swiffer sweeper yeah. It is also strange because the bloke who I bought the house from seemed very particular, detail orientated and picky not slobby. Anyway to vacing inches of built up dust n dirt from around the skirting boards is pretty disgusting. After doing one small room, it would fill the hoover bag, think i'm joking, well check out the pic. nasty.

From Moving to 325

• I love skylights, they are everywhere in my house and make a big difference.

Looking downstairs From Moving to 325

From Moving to 325


• I think i'm gonna get wood floor put in my living room, when I save some $ that is.

• I work for a rack company, yet I still tie mattresses to the top of the car.

IKEA From Moving to 325

• Where did the other half of the IKEA bathroom man go?

From Moving to 325

• I love this from IKEA... yeah it's cheap but the functional design aspects are nice, it slides to expand and it manages the runoff water from the crockery really well.

From Moving to 325

• The dishwasher doesn't work, the gas range works awesome, looks ugly. I really need to upgrade the refrigerator to something from after 1979!

From Moving to 325


• Neon Lilly pads always look good in any bathroom.

From Moving to 325


• I need to buy more plants for my cool mini greenhouse that is attached to my kitchen window.

From Moving to 325
Well, that's it for now. If you want to send me a house warming gift, that would be cool, bear in mind that i'm picky and I like designer/modern/contemporary things, not wood carvings, dried flowers, russian pottery or other ugly shite. Go here if you want to buy me some furniture or cool stuff ... DWR

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it honey.. looks amazing... wow. i'm impressed. the outside space is so beautiful and serene. enjoy it. you DESERVE it!!!!!!

mama_nata said...

i really don't think you should dismiss russian pottery wholesale - one good piece would make an otherwise DWR environment much more homey. homey. xo comrade natasha

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! When can I visit you? ;)

CAREY S-H said...

rad!

Paul Francis and Jana Bree said...

lotta nerve asking for DWR!!