Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

shoulders, yup theres more

following on... yesterday I had an MRI on my shoulder, today my doctor called an told me I had separated my acromioclavicular or AC joint in the top of my shoulder with swelling & tissue damage to a fairly sever extent but with no complications,  apparently this is common in impact sports and takes time to heal.  It will take 5-6 weeks to fully heal, but after a few weeks I can ride my road bike, if I fall during this time, it will be very bad. 

This is a better situation than what was thought to be rotator cuff damage, which could have required surgery.
 AC joint is shown in the upper right

2 comments:

Paul Francis and Jana Bree said...

A think there is a non-hammer ride coming up in 3 weeks, where I'll drop the hammer anyway to loose the gimp with one arm!

Dave C said...

BALLS! Good job avoiding surgery, definitely best in the long run.