Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Seattle and shit

Was in Seattle this last week for computer training. 3 1/2 days in the city.
Originally I booked tickets on the train and planned to take my bike on the train, the train ride is only 3 1/2hrs. Things did not work out, no space for bikes. I ended up driving up there with bike on top of car.
I  had planned this trip as an excuse to do less riding this week. I took my bike to cycle from the hotel to class and to sight see Thats all!. I stayed at a hotel near the space needle which is downtown ish Seattle and bike'd a couple or 3  miles to the class each morning and evening. CAD Training class was 8-5 and very intense, as advanced CAD training can be.

Monday night, I got into a ride onto Mercer Island, very pretty island with a  floating bridge over there. There goes my "easy" and got into 35+miles of riding. got some good food at a place called Cafe Presse the website is a bit ghetto but the food is great.

Over a floating I90 bridge!

Cafe Presse - top notch grub!

Tuesday night I met a friend of a friend from Portland, again another long ride! this time we rode over West Seattle, down to Alki and beyond. very pretty, felt very much like California, beach volley ball and restaurants and kak like that. Of course I ignored that garbage and rode past everyone at 28mph. add on another 38miles of riding.

The route


California 2

Wednesday after class, drove back to Portland. Now it's Friday after riding to work a couple of days, now i'm tired, what's up with that?

3 comments:

kristin said...

bucky! you supposed to call me when you coming to seattle and staying super close to my work.

kristin said...

nice new blog format, btw.

Johnny said...

Great report jbucky