Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Snowboard Day !!! yessss

James pretending his Cross bike is a mountain bike.



The massive news is that my Gran was taken into hospital and they found an aneurysm in her abdomen - at her age it's too risky to operate, so from now it's a day by day thing with medication. I've been speaking with my mum a lot and my gran has been doing ok, my mum doesn't sound worried, so that's a good thing. I guess a bit of time will tell.

In the bike world gold is the new white and bike stuff is now boring, welcome the new snowboard, yaeh it's new snowboard day and I just picked up the snowboard for my dreams. Burton Custom X.
I'm excited about the upcoming winter season, I also bought a gore-tex jacket to kit myself out. Even though snow is far away and there is this whole season called Cyclocross in between then, I'm still amped to be spending my weekends on the snow.
On with cyclocross, as you know, Portland is big big time into cyclocross and I raced my first season in Chicago, which was fun, very cold but fun and Portland is warmer but super muddy. So this year I have been to a few skills clinics to see if I can improve. Last night took a training ride in Forrest Park (dirt and fast gravel), headlamps and all, was very nice, some fast riding.

Gold is the new white


1 comment:

Paul Francis and Jana Bree said...

Hey, dont do that, you'll break your stem! You'll say I told you so.