Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Happy Christmas, I'm off snowboarding Chrimbo Day, hope your Turkey is top notch! : From Christmas James

The past two weeks here have been unusual for Portland. We got hit with an exceptional amount of snow, last Sat saw about 8" and high winds and many inches over the last week, Sunday and Monday. The normal is 1.6" for December. This combined with a layer of rain last week has cause ice and snow build up, which pretty much put the city at a standstill, I think Portland has a total of two snow plows, so all of the roads were just left alone!

My Car From portland snow

From portland snow

From portland snow


The snow in the city has not made a bit of difference for snow on the mountains. Last weekend saw the opening of most of the snow resorts. I headed up to the hill on Sunday and on Tuesday to get some good snowboarding done. the Subaru 4WD and snow tires make for pretty easy driving and not having to use snow chains, even though teh road conditions were pretty crappy.

Mount Hood : From snowboard is natural

From snowboard is natural

1 comment:

Adrian said...

Such crazy snow!
I don't know you (obviously) but you're a product designer (my major) from Portland (my hometown) so I kinda had to look, right?