Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

To rattlecan or to spraypaint?

look closely - someone paints skulls on exit signs, wonder who that could be.

Do you know how much time is involved in spraypainting things? of recent I took it upon myself to get the paint system at work dialed in , it seemed that after many years of neglect there was not a system in place to get good paint results, after all, we have a nice paint booth, fan extraction etc, but basic things were not in place, clean air supply, decent paint guns, a set up of base colours and chemicals. So spending away with the company money gave me an excuse to learn about stuff along the way. I decided to go with the Automotive PPG paint system, I have seen this used in the past at other jobs and it has a ton of colour options from OEM vehicles. The location of a paint supplier was also critical and luckily there's a PPG place about 5 miles from my work and has some well sorted peps to help me out. So today i'm finally getting this dialed and should be producing some nice results in the next few weeks, oh and also bike frames seem to fit in our paint booth at work, who would have guessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks a bit like the one at ge. niiicccce jeeerrrrbb