Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

happy and sad ziggy the turtle day

Today was a sad and happy day,
Sad because I let my turtle get adopted,.
Happy because turtle will be much happier from my actions.
For a while now, I have been feeling a bit rotten, rotten because I have not been giving my turtle the happiness that she (Ziggy) deserves.  I don't have at turtle tank large enough and I don't have a way to create a home for Ziggy outside, which would be the  ideal environment.

So..

Ziggy got adopted today, she got taken to a loving home to live in a massive 60gallon tank (3x the size of mine) and the possibility for a summer outdoor pond home. This makes me very happy as ziggy would love to be outdoors. I think Ziggy is also in good hands because she went with a lady who loves animals and works in a veterinary office, thus knows how best to care for Ziggy.

Ziggy is a red eared slider turtle which is classed as an invasive species in Oregon, so you cannot just let them go in the wild as they cause havoc, adaption was the way forward. So here's to Ziggy. I hope you have an awesome life in your outside summer home.

No comments: