Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year Resolutions

1) Eat more chicken.
why: because it's good for me and if I say it it might substitute some of the other junk I eat
2) Go back to the UK for a visit sometime this year.
At some point I have to return home, it's so easy to put it off, especially when the airfares are so high, but maybe I should stop living in the past!
3) Stop biting my fingernails
I have said this before and can manage to do it for about 4 months, but then it all goes south for some reason, just have to be a bit more diligent here.
4) Get a new job
I think the only reason why I say this is because it will force me to move away from Chicago, which is a good think. I found out after 6 months here that this is not the place for me. I'm not the right type of person to live in Chicago. There are only two types of people here, complete A holes (75% of the inner city population) and minorities (which are the decent people who actually care about stuff other than money and one upping your neighbor). It's sad to say this but working retail I see a lot of customers each day and my 75/25 is a reality.

Maybe I should add running and yoga. Hum I've been thinking about trying to do some running, but always when I run by myself, i have a hard time controlling my pace, and pace is crucial. This time though, I ran on a treadmill last night and the good thing it - it controls your pace. So after not having run in what seems like forever I managed to kick out 3miles pretty easy.
The yoga thing... dunnow, everyone says it's so good for you in terms of flexibility development and less injuries with other sports. There are free classes every Sunday in my neighborhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aah, now this one answers my question on resolutions....and in more depth than I was expecting from you Jx