Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

Prototypes

So just as a background to anyone reading this who did not know - I started a company last June so that I can do freelance design work to supplement my income but also to develop and manufacture my own products, one of these products is a new bike rack design. I'm pretty excited because after waiting a while and trying to find manufacturing, I just got a box of fine prototypes! I just had a few (4) of my bike racks fabricated so that I can test test them. They are made out of heavy steel- very durable- they weigh quite a bit and are nicely powder coated black. They certainly convey security with their bulk and thick steel - which is a good thing, as it will take a lot to break into this sucker. The fabrication company that made them did a good job overall, other than a few welds which are a little bit poor quality, but they will be fine for development and testing. I have to order up some additional parts to make them complete for testing, then I will be figuring out who I should get to test them.
Nice.!

Also this week, i'm looking after Smokey (erins dog) while she is on a volleyball trip in Mexico. It's still super cold in Chicago which makes walking the dog a bit of a pain. Anyways, dogs are nice, I miss having a little mutt around. I'll add some pics to this blog later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

We are so glad that you got your own company going! Many CONGRATS!!!! Gayle & Dick