Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2008

day 4 at Yakima

Well day 4 at Yakima.
- I'm working on some cool design projects , with decent people.
- Theres 3 training rides per week , one on the weekend so today Group ride at lunch (everyone is fast here - read Cat 1/2 riders) - lots of hills and nice decents a good 1 1/2hr ride in the middle of the day followed up by some tex mex suburbia food!
- Getting to know more people in the company, it is much smaller than I thought, I am guessing around 50 people a nice size. I have been having get to know sessions with all the top brass.
- Looks like i'm gonna be attending some cool events / tradeshows / races with Yakima, feels like I will be heading to the Sea Otter Classic http://www.seaotterclassic.com/ I will have to race in some events to represent Yakima.
- Got a new widescreen computer monitor today... nice about 21" wide by 12" tall, makes CAD and graphics so much more enjoyable.
- Apartment hunting is slow, cannot find too much, I found a few but people are not returning calls. I would like to live in the Pearl district, because it is in the middle, between the East side (where friends live) and the West Side (good riding and where Yakima is) but the rents in the Pearl District start at $1600 per month, which is pretty much double what I want to pay.
- Still getting some weird looks over my new dress code, the company is very casual and most people are wearing relaxed outdoor gear, cargo pants, jeans , fleece tops, cycling stuff. Where as I am wearing tighter jeans, dress shirt and some funky color tie just to be different, topped off with some Adidas old skool Sambas. Anyway we will see how long it lasts till I revert to the first thing I find on the floor near my bed in the morning!
- Not much else, i'm pretty happy, designing and riding :) it's a good thing.

No comments: