Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

Found a place

So after a while of hunting, calling, trolling craigslist and spending many days looking at crappy places (the rental market is slow here) I finally decided on a place.
Turns out it was the first place a looked at. I got this lead from a friend for someone looking for a housemate / flatemate.
The location is perfect, good neighborhood access to a lot of things. It's basically a small house and I have 3 rooms upstairs to myself, share a bathroom, share a kitchen. The place gets good light, has North and South facing windows. The guy has washer and dryer in basement with storage space. There is also a grassy backyard with a gas grill... nice!

The house is about 16miles from where I work... thus it's gonna be a long and hilly morning cycle to work! Turns out he works about 4 miles from me, so some days we can ride share.
I spoke with the house owner for a long time and he's a few years older than me, maybe 35, but he seems very normal, rational and he's big into climbing.

Now I just have to arrange to get all my stuff moved from Chicago!

No comments: