Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Live from the UK

As I stepped off the plane (for which I had been on for 8hrs) it immediately hit me of how piss poor the graphic designers in America are, yeah you out there should feel sorry for yourselves. Visual communications in the U.K. are a whole lot better, I'm not sure maybe it's the government in the US that makes em so crappy. I even noticed a mail box, the type so much more readable and logical in design, blame the lack of design on the USPS, silly buggers. Generally US visual communication is rubbish compared to Europe, maybe someone should spend some time abroad instead of designing stupid websites for Crate and Barrel.
So I was a little bit on a downer because I found out I could not ride the velodrome of Team G.B. Then I found out the UCI Track Worlds are being held there...sweet, i'll go I thought, not realizing all the tickets had been sold out for the last six months. Finally I found a set on E bay. Yeah I paid outta the nose for em, but I reckon that you only get to go to these things once. So bring it on, next Sat!

2 comments:

Paul Francis and Jana Bree said...

You should seriously consider staying over there if you hate our graphics communication sytle so much. Hater. That type of anti-American sentiment doesn't fly over here, ok, its Freedom Fries, Freedom Cabbage, and Freedom from graphics haters.

uma k. • velo devi said...

Yeah, punk. (whining) Amurican's are so awful, they can't do anything right, they couldn't design their way out of a box, they're bad luck and... oh wait. I get it! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Captain Calamity strikes again! Have a good time in Limey Land, despite the poor food choices.