Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

UK episode 2

I have just realized, it's been 5 years since I have been here and I have not ridden a bike in 6 days. (how those two came together i'm not sure). In place of riding, I have been running, I ran alongside the canal that runs from Leeds to Liverpool but I only ran about 7miles. The fact that I hate running is masked by all the gorgeous new stuff that I see, otherwise I would chop my legs off. A few instances reminded me that America (place with lousy graphic designers) must have set in me, as I instinctive took the wrong line (to the right) on the path when passing people. The newspapers are half full of soccer and the other half of violent crimes...oh so reminds me of home. I have been actively looking around for new trends, seeing a lot of cool cars and the funny thing so far is that I have not run into any hipsters... I think (hoping) that Leeds has avoided the fixed gear thing. Anyway , So i'm sat here trying to research architecture to go look at in London on Thursday. There are some well wicked building which are not on the toursist map like Trellick Towers, 30st St Mary Axe, Tower 43, and the Lloyds Tower with all it's stuff on the outside I have to go look at them. If I had not forgotten my bloody USB cable there would be pictures on here, to my right there are 8 radios, behind me is a wall of about 60 radios in front of me is a computer from 1989. The radios are from WWII and onwards, my dad collects them, it's interesting to see the historic visual language change from radio to radio. That's all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are your graphic designer influences related around me? Cause most things are.

:D-bag

Paul Francis and Jana Bree said...

Slacker, go pick up a cable. Nozzle. I bet you'll like the Gerkin, finally, an appropriately phallic office tower!